- Glowing tributes were paid to the memory of Pandit Kaliram Medhi on the occasion of his 145th birth anniversary.
About Kaliram Medhi:
- He was a prominent linguist, writer and essayist from Assam who wrote in both the Assamese and English languages in the early part of modern Assamese literature.
- He was the third president of the Asom Sahitya Sabha in 1919 held at Barpeta.
- He was honoured with the Rai Bahadur title in 1946.
- Versatile Assamese short story writer and Professor of Physics and later a lifetime associate at Assam Engineering College Surendra Nath Medhi better known by his pen name Saurav Kumar Chaliha was his son and noted Mathematician.
- Saurav Kumar Chaliha was awarded Sahitya Academy Award in Assamese in 1974.