- In Assam, the BJP has a very strong base and from here we will have to work to strengthen the party in every part of the Northeast,” said Union Home Minister Amit Shah while addressing a mammoth gathering of party workers during his visit.
Highlights of his Speech:
- Under Prime Minister Narendra Modi,
- Peace process has begun in the region. Now development is taking place in every sector of Assam and the Northeast.
- The government has been spending crores of rupees to develop the region.
- Now our Home Minister is aiming to eliminate the flood problem of Assam
- He also announced increase in the monetary help under the Orunodoi scheme to Rs 1,250 and to cover 7,000 families in each LAC under the scheme.
- He also announced issuing of 50 lakh new ration cards with health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh to every ration card holder, in the next six months.
- Sarma said that works on the Majuli-Lakhimpur bridge, Narengi-Kurua bridge, a new rail-cum-road bridge at Saraighat and elevated corridor in Kaziranga National Park will begin soon.
- He also announced Rs 3 crore to every high school in the State.