- There is a proposal for a ropeway from the Kamakhya station to the Kamakhya temple.
- This will be the first of its kind of project to be implemented in the State by the Maligaon-headquartered zone.
About the Project:
- As per the preliminary survey, the horizontal distance between the upper and the lower stations shall be approximately 1.7 km.
- The estimated cost of the project will be in the range of Rs 75-80 crore.
- t the proposed ropeway system will be as per European Committee for Standardisation or CEN standards.
- There will be 24 cabins, each having a capacity for carrying 10 persons.
- It will be under the public-private partnership (PPP) model to execute the project.
- Provision of a passenger ropeway will facilitate devotees in reaching the Kamakhya temple with a comfortable ride, besides decongesting the vehicular traffic around the temple.
- The environment of the surrounding areas will also become much free of pollution.
- Economic Boost + Upliftment of the Tourism Sector.